Monday, 30 May 2016

End of Week 1 - I'm still alive ;-)

Hi all.

So, I am happy to report that I have been on the Treadclimber everyday this week.

Believe it or not, I am already feeling the benefit of the daily work out.

Through the week I steadily increased the work load of the work out, albeit still for 15 minutes.  You can see my daily work outs below.


I have been watching what I eat!  No snacking, lot's of water and keeping myself busy by visiting my craft room.  Did you know I have Crafting blog too?  You can go check it out if you want :-)  It's called Karon's Krafty Korner

Here's where we have set up the Treadclimber - great position in the basement, so cool in the summer!  Which means I will be exercising all year round - yay me LOL!


Oh yeah - I weighed this morning!

Weight last week
220 lb

Weight today
216.5 lb
yes I'm inlcuding the 0.5 it's all in the mind ;-)

Weight Loss
3.5 lb

When I weigh next Monday, I will also start keeping a running total of weight loss.

As of today, I have started doing 20 minute workouts.  It went really well and I felt great afterwards. As you can see from the table above, my fitness level has gone from 31 to 37.  Now I'm no longer poor fit, I'm low average fit :-)  Onward and upward they say.

At the moment, I do my workout first thing in the morning and I mean like first thing - 6.30am!  It's before I have to get my girls up for school - so I know I get it done.  That might have to change when I reach the 30 minute workout - but I will just do it after school drop off instead.  And so that I am ready, I will be in my workout clothes as I do the school run, and then come straight back and head to the basement!

That way I will not get distracted by other things LOL!

Quote for the Day

"In order to change, we must be sick and tired
of being sick and tired"
Anonymous

4 comments:

  1. As if we needed more proof that we are both "of an age". I, too, recently got sick and tired of being sick and tired. My Katie asked if I'd join a local gym with her. She's still a minor and can't go without an adult. So three weeks ago, the whole family joined. I've tried to maintain 6 days a week, shaking it up between weight machines and cardio like your treadclimber. My weight this week was at 196lbs. I keep telling myself it's not about the weight, but about getting fit. Whatever keeps us motivated, right?! I'll walk this journey with you as well, what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andie - this is going to be one great journey!

      Delete
  2. Awesome looking machine, I've never seen one like that. Well done on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! 3.5lb that's amazing, Karon.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)