Sunday, 22 May 2016

First Steps

Welcome.

A quick introduction as to why I have started this blog.

I have always struggled with my weight!  Loosing it, putting it back on, loosing it - the typical yoyo of weight loss and weight gain!

I turn 50 - yep the big 50 on January 5th, next year - 2017!  It is also Canada's 150th birthday next year and at the moment that is how old I feel!!  I no longer want to feel this way!

I have decided that I do not want to be Fat and Fifty I want to be ....

Fit and Fifty

Notice there that I didn't say Thin and Fifty, although through the loss of weight I sure hope to be a little bit smaller - maybe even a lot smaller :-)

My husband bought ME a TC100 Treadclimber on the 15 May 2016 (for his birthday - LOL!) and it arrived just three days later.

It is an investment in my health, after all I still want to be around when my girls have grand-kids, the hubby and I retire, and we hit the bucket list :-)

We didn't get chance to set it up until yesterday, as my daughter had her Graduation Prom on Friday. Hubby took a photo of me with my beautiful daughter.


I had to share that photo!  Isn't my daughter beautiful.  I will not look like this again!  

I also got my husband to take a photo of me in my casuals.  


Look like I'm standing to attention in this one LOL!  Talk about gravity working, snigger :-)


I figured I have to show you the before photo's and I will take some along the journey too.

I will share the good, the bad and the ugly; although I hope not too much of the bad and ugly :-)

Oh, do I hear you ask how much I weigh?  Well, as this is confession time - then yep I suppose I had better tell you.

SUNDAY 22 MAY 2016

Current Weight

220LB

Yep, I'm that heavy, a not at all proud member of the 200 club!

I do have knee issues and have found the Treadclimber to be pain free!  That is a good thing!  When I am on the machine I really don't feel any pain in my joints - no pain means I will continue to use it!

Although, other than looking like a red belisha beacon when I finish my workout - that's one of these if you have never heard of them, it's a UK thing LOL :-) Picture my head on top all red ;-)  I felt good afterwards.


Anyways,  I will keep this blog as a log of how I am doing.  I intend to use the Treadclimber everyday.  Start off slow and increase as I get fitter.

The Treadclimber has a maximum walking speed of 4mph and also has different levels that you can set the height of the treadles too.  I'll be starting off low LOL!

Today, I went on it for the first time and managed 15 minutes at 1.5 mph - wow - it really does give you a good work out!

Fitness levels go from poor to excellent.  Guess where I am - yep at a score of 31 - poor!  Well, we all have to start somewhere.

Not sure if I will post more than once a week (for now) and that will be on a Monday - weigh day :-)

If you feel like leaving an encouraging comment, please do. I need all the encouragement you can give me!

I have decided to finish each post with a motivational quote.

Quote for Today

"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect it's successful outcome"
 William James (American philosopher)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, what an Mazing journey to begin. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing - health is everything. Well done, Karon.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too am turning 50 in a few months!! i will follow along your journey with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)