Monday, 12 December 2016

End of Week 29 - Did you know?

Happy Monday!

You know what scares me most about this journey?  Seeing an increase in weight!

Now, I know that I still have a way to go, and have been trying to introduce some strengthening exercises as I need to lose some of the flabby bits.  The bat wings (so they call them) on my under arms, the belly and the upper thighs.  I think that these need to be toned up - however in order to do that I have to strengthen those muscles.

I always thought the old adage of muscle weighing heavier than fat was true. Did you know that it actually isn't?!

Muscle does not weigh more than fat! A pound, is a pound, is a pound.  One pound of muscle weighs one pound, one pound of fat weighs one pound. However, one pound of fat takes up more space than one pound of muscle!

So, you exercise, and become leaner but may weigh the same.  That's where the tape measure comes in handy,  keeping track of your measurements is a great way to track your body change too.

I am going to take some additional measurements; my upper arm, my upper thigh and my lower leg. Then if I have an increase in weight I can take these measurements and see if they have changed at all - this will help me keep motivated!

Maybe, these are measurements I should have taken at the start. However, I know I have lost a lot and that my clothes fit 100% better and have even had to put lot's of clothes ready for the charity shop - I don't want to keep them and have them, because I don't want to have to wear them ever again!

Last week I didn't do any strength training, but this week I want to step that up.  Therefore I have to take those extra measurements.  I also have a record of my chest, waist, hips and thighs, but these measurements are for each individual part, so my upper arm (did this measurement with my arm out straight so my bat wing was showing then measured LOL!), upper thigh and lower leg.


Decided to also do my other measurements and found that I have uniformly lost another inch off everything LOL!  And for some odd reason, my right thigh is bigger than my left thigh - hubby says it's cause I walk with a limp :-)  I do favour the one leg when I walk, think that's because of my bad right knee :-)

Anyways, so here's last weeks workout.


Two days with two extra workouts, was out and about this week catching up on that Christmas shopping!

This weeks weigh in.

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight end of Week 28
174 lb

Weight this Week
172 lb

Weight Loss
2 lb

Weight Loss Total
48 lb


Another 2 lb off!  Wonder if I can make it under that 170lb before the New Year :-)

Have a great week everyone.

Quote of the Day

"Forget all the reasons why it won't work,
and
believe the one reason why it will!"
(Author unknown)

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up, Karon. Your faithful diligence is being rewarded. You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing Karon, well done !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)