Monday, 22 May 2017

End of Week 52 - 1 Year Anniversary!

Hello there my blogging buddies.

Can you believe that I have been on this journey of getting fit for 1 year?!

I am most definitely fitter and feel so much better about myself.

This time last year my husband facilitated this journey, by letting us purchase a Treadclimber machine - we had it on a 60 day money back guarantee as I needed to see how it would be.  I had hip issues, knee issues and general health issues.

After the first use of the Treadclimber at just 1.5mph and for 15 minutes, I knew that I could do this. My knee didn't hurt, my hip didn't hurt  - the only thing, I ached like hell LOL!  From that day I knew that with the right determination I could do this!  I was quite regimented and used the machine every day, dropping to 6 days a week several months in.

In the New Year I joined the local gym with the hubster and so I did the Treadclimber and the gym throughout the week.  As the weather started to change, I have been able to get out walking in the fresh air and then go to the gym too.

Now, I seem to have gotten into a routine where I either do the gym or go for a Nordic Walk (weather permitting), the Treadclimber hasn't been used much these past few weeks and we are actually trying to sell it - but it is still there for the time being.

I will be forever grateful to the hubster for taking a leap of faith in me and encouraging me along this journey.  I would not have believed this time last year, that I could achieve what I have achieved and to finally feel happy about me.  I can even say that I honestly enjoy clothes shopping for the first time in my life :-)

Anyways's on with those workouts.


I did only manage 2 days at the gym and 2 walks this week.  Although, I did mow the lawns on Monday (and the mower weighs a ton) for 90 minutes and had a fabulous (almost) 10k walk with hubster on Saturday :-)

Onto the weigh in.

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight End of Week 51
146 lb

Weight this Week
144.5 lb

Weight Loss
1.5 lb

Weight Loss Total
75.5 lb

Yay another great week!  Only 4.5lb to go to my final goal!  Who would have thought this time last year I could achieve this much!

Thought I would do some measurements to see how I'm doing there too!

(if you click on the photo it will enlarge it)

My arms and legs are slowly toning up.  That is the plan once my goal is achieved, to not only maintain my weight but to improve the toning of my muscles (yep I do have some LOL!).

Hubster lost another 1lb this week, making his total so far 27lb!

I would like to thank all those that have been following me on this journey - hope you'll stay with me for just a little bit longer :-)

Have a great week everyone.

Quote of the Day.

"Imagine with all your mind.
Believe with all your heart.
Achieve with all your might."
Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I'll stay, but only a bit longer;)

    You may be so proud. Keep it up and the rewards are sure to continue. Yay you Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)