Monday, 29 May 2017

End of Week 53 - Guilty, Not Guilty, Fear of Failing!

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all well.

Summer seems to come and go here at the moment, but the weather is definitely changing for the better and that makes me feel good.

I have a few things I want to talk about this week and not really sure where I'm going with it, but any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

How do you stop feeling guilty when you have a treat?  Should I even be feeling guilty?

After all, I changed the way I eat so that I don't class it as a diet, but more healthy eating and being aware of what I am eating.  So why feel guilty?!

I think it stems from so many years of  eating unhealthily and not caring what I was eating. Also, using food as a comfort and coping mechanism when things weren't going right in my life!  Now that I find myself on the healthier side of life and almost to goal, the fear is setting in - what if I fail?!

So, I have had to give myself a talking to this week, to try and get my mind set in the right place.

I have in no way, failed!  How can I have failed?

I have lost so much weight, I know that I feel 100% better than I have ever felt and I did this for me!

I believe I have taken the right steps.  I found two great blog posts about having that treat and found them very helpful.  Here are the Links,  "Food and Guilt" on the Hungry Healthy Happy blog and this one "You can stop feeling guilty about liking food" on the Sean Flanagan Fitness and Nutrition blog.

Sometimes, you just need a reminder that it is ok to feel like this and that you can do something about it.

A few of the key points I picked up from these two posts are :-

  1. Move away from the notion that there is "good" and "bad" food!  Food is neither and labeling it as such, gives the food control!  You are in control not the food!
  2. Remind myself that eating is about balance.  Have I had an otherwise healthy eating week, having that slice of cake and coffee is not bad.  Don't look at every food choice and analyse it, not every food you eat has to be "perfect".
  3. It's about choices that are right for me, and enjoying them and forming good habits.  Life shouldn't be full of guilt. Life is for living and for being happier with who I am.
  4. Skip the guilt :-)

So, I am in control is my new mantra :-)  I am doing this, I have done this, I have got this :-)

As the post is getting rather long I'll save the next bit till next week - all about image!

Onto the workouts.


Yep - that was 3 hours of gardening on Saturday!  Moving bricks, plants and a whole lot of other stuff :-)

Weigh in time.

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight End of Week 52
144.5 lb

Weight this Week
144 lb

Weight Loss
0.5 lb

Weight Loss Total
76 lb

And there you have it - not failing and not feeling guilty!

Quote of the Day

"Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue
that counts."
Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)