Monday, 5 June 2017

End of Week 54 - Mind over Mirror!

Hello everyone.

Monday morning here in Canada and raring to go for another week.  Weather certainly needs to improve though - it was quite chilly over the weekend and for today, but meant to improve over the week.

So this week my post is about self image after losing a lot of weight.

This is what I see in the mirror. (Taken Feb 2017, will do a new photo soon)


But in my mind I, sometimes, still see this!


It's difficult, isn't it.  I know I have lost all this weight and feel great most days.  But some days, my mind plays tricks on me and I still see the old me.

I look in the mirror and see the new me, but when I'm just sitting down or just pottering around - I still see the imperfection - the fat me!  I have to admit not all the time, but it feels like my mind is trapping me in my old self image. 

I need to focus on the now, who I am now and what I have achieved.

Friends have said how good I look, and even though all my life I have found it difficult to accept a compliment, I have been trying to acknowledge those compliments from friends with a positive "I feel fabulous, thank you."  

Apparently, it is quite a common scenario this "double image" and it is something that I have to overcome.

I will have to keep telling myself that this is the new me, I can do this.  The reason I got rid of all my fat clothes a couple of months ago - is so that if I put a little weight back on - I can't put the old clothes back on - I have to adjust myself!

Now I just need to adjust my mind!

Anyways, lets get on with the workouts.


And the weigh in.

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight End of Week 53
144 lb

Weight This Week
144 lb

Weight Loss
0 lb

Weight Loss Total
76 lb

A maintain - which I am fine with.

I am giving myself till the 1st July - what ever I weigh on the 1st of July is going to be my goal.  I will do measurements and final photos then too.  I will endeavour  to stay within a 10lb range around that weight - I think that will be achievable.  I will also concentrate more on maintaining and toning what I have achieved.

I can eat normally and healthily (the occasional treat will be there too), continue to exercise and maintain my weight for the future me. 

After all, this is about me - no one else can do this for me - so "mind" listen up "this is the new me - so deal with it - OK!" :-)

Thanks for your continued support.

Have a great week.

Quote of the Day

"Your body can stand
almost anything.
It's your mind that
you have to convince."
Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Karon - you look wonderful. I can relate to how the mind plays tricks, but you need to look at this post and remind yourself of who you really are. Beautiful! It sounds like you have a set plan and a goal - something to keep you on focus. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)