Monday, 26 June 2017

End of Week 57 - Getting my Walk on :-)

Happy Monday everyone.

I have been making the most of my times between rain storms this week.  The good thing about the rain - we seeded some grassy/muddy areas this week, so at least we haven't had to go out and water.
Looks as if this week is pretty much the same, although still time to fit in those outside walks.

School is officially out for Summer - although Shannon finished end of April, Emily finished this past week with end of semester exams.  They both go back the day after Labour Day.  Although, I will have a road trip and stopover with Shannon towards the end of August to get her settled once again at college residence.

Shannon has a busy couple of weeks now, she has Drivers Ed this week - yes finally!  Then she is away for 5 days visiting a friend :-)

I also forgot to mention, Shannon and I got our first tattoo's at the beginning of June :-)

We had discussed it quite a lot and I wanted to do this with her.  So, here they are...

Mine - Love is Infinite


Shannon's - imperfections


These photo's were taken straight after us having them done.  They have healed nicely and we have to go back for a little touch up in the middle of July.

Yes the e in the word imperfections is reversed - hence the imperfection. It also means a lot to Shannon and was part of how we chose what we wanted to have done.  It had to mean something to us :-)

Let's get on with those workouts.


Only at the gym twice, however did fit in 3 Nordic Walks, with the last two being 10km or thereabouts.  When I got back after my walk on Saturday, I had missed the 10km by .05km - LOL! Therefore, on Sunday I walked a little further and took it over the 10km :-)

Let's get onto that weigh in :-)

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight End of Week 56
143 lb

Weight this Week
142 lb

Weight Loss
1 lb

Weight Loss Total
78 lb

Weight lost - and nearly there.  Come on I can do this!

Although, when you think about it, I have done it. 

I am healthier, fitter and feel so good compared to this time last year.  I have noticed that even in this humid weather, I am coping much better without all that extra weight to carry about.  I think I have found my happy place :-)

Have a great week everyone.

Quote of the Day

"What you get by achieving your goals
is not as important as
what you become by achieving your goals."
Henry David Thoreau (Essayist, poet, philosopher)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Karon, on finding your happy place. You've truly changed your lifestyle and that's how change lasts. I've been off and on the wagon so often, my net gain is close to zero. You encourage me with your steady determination. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)